OrCAD solutions are available as standalone products or in comprehensive suites. Unlike other PCB design tools, OrCAD PCB design suites provide a feature-rich, fully scalable solution that can be expanded and upgraded as PCB challenges and the level of design sophistication grows. Cadence OrCAD personal productivity tools have a long history of addressing PCB design challenges from simple to complex. Available as standalone products or in comprehensive suites, OrCAD technologies allow designers to take products from conception through to final output. The scalable, cost-effective OrCAD PCB design suites provide integrated front-end design/simulation technology (Cadence OrCAD EE Designer) as well as an integrated back-end place-and-route design solution (Cadence OrCAD PCB Designer) to boost productivity and accelerate time to market.
Easy-to-use and powerful, Cadence OrCAD Capture is the most widely used schematic design solution, supporting both flat and hierarchal designs from the simplest to the most complex. Seamless bi-directional integration with OrCAD PCB Editor enables data synchronization and cross-probing/placing between the schematic and the board design. OrCAD Capture allows designers to backannotate layout changes, make gate/pin swaps, and change component names or values from board design to schematic using the feedback process. It also comes with a large library of schematic symbols and can export netlists in a wide variety of formats.
OrCAD Capture CIS integrates the OrCAD Capture schematic design application with the added capabilities of a component information system (CIS). The CIS allows designers to search, identify, and populate the design with preferred parts. With easy access to component databases and part information, designers can reduce the amount of time spent researching needed parts.
- Boosts schematic editing efficiency with complex designs through hierarchical and variant design capabilities
- Integrates with a robust CIS that promotes the use of preferred, current parts to accelerate the design process and reduce project costs
- Grants access to more than two million parts with Cadence ActiveParts, offering greater flexibility when choosing design components
Cadence PSpice A/D is the de-facto industry-standard Spice-based simulator for system design. It simulates complex mixed-signal designs containing both analog and digital parts, and it supports a wide range of simulation models such as IGBTs, pulse width modulators, DACs, and ADCs. Its built-in mathematical functions and behavioral modeling techniques enable fast and accurate simulation of designs with efficient debugging. PSpice A/D also allows users to design and generate simulation models for transformers and DC inductors.
Scalability options include PSpice Advanced Analysis capabilities and integration with MathWorks MATLAB Simulink for co-simulation. Advanced capabilities such as temperature and stress analysis, electro-mechanical simulation, worst-case analysis, Monte Carlo analysis, and curve-fit optimizers help engineers design high-performance circuits that are reliable and withstand parameter variation.
Full integration with Allegro Design Entry HDL and OrCAD Capture gives customers a choice among schematic tools to capture their designs.
- Determines which components are over-stressed using Smoke analysis and observes component yields using Monte Carlo analysis to prevent board failures
- Advanced simulation technology increases productivity, improves reliability, and speeds convergence on larger designs
- MATLAB Simulink interface allows system-level interfaces to be tested with actual electrical designs emulating real-world applications
3.Orcad PCB Design
The OrCAD PCB products, OrCAD PCB Designer Standard and OrCAD PCB Designer Professional, provide a tiered, scalable PCB design solution that delivers advanced capabilities and highly integrated flows. Whether your designs are simple or more sophisticated with higher densities, complex rules, mixed-signal circuits, and/or standards-based interfaces, the OrCAD PCB design solution has everything you need to increase your teams productivity and efficiency while reducing your overall costs and time to market.
- Proven, scalable, easy-to-use PCB editing and routing solution that grows as design challenges and requirements evolve
- Tight application integration and a comprehensive feature set delivers a complete solution to take PCB designs from concept to production, increasing productivity and ensuring data integrity
- Constraint Manager provides real-time validation and status of physical/spacing, samenet, region, differential pair, and length rules to help ensure first-time success
- Automatic and interactive etch editing and place deliver intelligent automation to maintain user control while maximizing productivity
- Dynamic shapes technology offers real-time copper pour plowing and healing to eliminate error-prone manual voiding and rework
- Support for IPC-2581, STEP, and IDX bring a level of intelligence and integration that streamlines manufacturing and MCAD-ECAD flows
4.Orcad Singal Integraty
OrCAD PCB SI is an integrated analysis environment that delivers powerful simulation technology to help find and address signal integrity (SI) issues throughout the design process from circuit design in the schematic to board placement and routing. It enables pre- and post-layout topology exploration, signal analysis, and validation. With OrCAD PCB SI, you can increase circuit reliability and drive known-good interconnect requirements throughout the PCB design flow to reduce re-spins.
Complex physical and spacing constraints, densely packed components and increasing number of requirements for high-speed signals are just some of the things adding complexity to today’s PCB designs. Designers must therefore be able to easily define, manage, and validate simple physical, spacing constraints as well as critical high-speed signals at any stage of the design process. At the same time, they have to ensure that the final PCB meets performance, manufacturing, and test specification goals.